LADDER REPAIR SERVICE
ORCHARD LADDER REPAIR SERVICE:
We offer full service inspection and repair of all Strathmore Brand orchard ladders!
We also do:
- Upgrades of existing models. Let us add some of our newest features to your ladders!
- Size changes, we can lengthen or shorten your existing ladders safely to meet your ever changing needs! Not available on all models.
- Reinforcement of problem area's. Many users have unique challenges that may require additional bracing or reinforcement of the ladder. We can evaluate your ladders and make the necessary upgrades to reduce your future repair cost.
- ID tagging, we can metal stamp or label each of your ladders to help you better track them or identify them in case of theft.
THE REPAIR PROCESS:
First your ladders will be inspected for excessive wear or damage.
- Check rails for cracks, bends, or other damage
- Check steps for excessive wear or other damage
- Check all rivets
- Check all braces for bends or breaks
- Check all safety labeling
- On tripods check the entire third led assembly for excessive wear or other unsafe conditions
Next we will determine if your ladders are suitable for repair. Not all ladders should be repaired and may
have outlived their useful life. Ladders that are determined to be unsafe even if repaired will be marked
“NON-REPAIRABLE” and should no longer be used. We can destroy and dispose of them for you at your request.
Once we have determined the ladder is viable for repair, a quick calculation will be done assuring the
repair will not exceed ½ the price of a new ladder of the same style/size.
The worn or damaged parts are now removed and replaced as needed.
All repairs are then recorded onto a worksheet to assure an accurate accounting of material and labor charges.
READY FOR PICK-UP:
Upon completion of the repairs to your ladders the total cost will be calculated and we will notify you by
phone that your ladders are ready for pick-up. We will also email or fax your invoice to you at this time.
Payment in full is due at time of pick-up unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
BEFORE YOU BRING THEM:
Go through your ladders and determine how many you would like to be inspected and repaired.
Once you have an accurate count contact us to make sure we have room available and that our turnaround time
will be acceptable to you.
We typically repair ladders on a regular basis in the winter and summer months. Many years in the spring and
fall months our turnaround times are much longer due to our increased workload in new ladder production. We
strongly suggest you bring them in the Winter or Summer months.
We do not do written estimates as this is much too time consuming and costly on ladders.
If cost is a concern we suggest you bring a small sampling of ladders in for repair. This will allow you the
opportunity to see our work and give you a better idea of what the cost will be to repair the bulk of your
We also will never fix a ladder that will cost more than ½ the price of a new one without your approval.
Our yard space is limited and we are unable to accommodate oversized trailers such as trailers with portable
toilets. We will be happy to help you offload and load your ladders.
Please fill out the ladder repair service agreement found on
this page prior to bringing in your ladders.
WE NEVER WANT TO CHARGE YOU FOR UNNECESSARY SERVICES, SO WE SUGGEST THE
Make sure all the ladders are free of "FIELD REPAIRS". This would include metal hardware such as nuts, bolts,
or pop rivets. Tree rope, wire, wood, metal, or other fabricated parts that may have been used to make a
Ladders should be clean and free of mud, oil, sap, or excessive dirt.
These things can harm our tools and make it difficult to see damage and must be removed. We would be happy
to perform these services for you but standard labor charges will apply.
**NOTE** All ladders, new, used or repaired, must be inspected prior to each use as per
manufacturer's instructions which can be found on our Safety page.
We strongly urge all employers to make this part of your worker's daily routine.